STUDENT LEADERSHIP CONFERENCE | NESTOR KORCHINSKY STUDENT LEADERSHIP AWARD
This award was initiated in honour of the leadership of Dr. Nestor Korchinsky, who was a professor at UBC and the Director of Intramural Programming for 38 years. Dr. Korchinsky’s leadership and initiative created one of the most renowned intramural programs in the country, as he saw a need in the university community and filled it by creating what is now UBC REC. The award, presented annually at the UBC Student Leadership Conference, is meant to recognize a student who embodies Dr. Korchinsky’s spirit of leadership and initiative at UBC and potentially in the wider community as well.
The recipient of Nestor Korchinsky Student Leadership Award will receive their conference registration, a monetary award, as well as a plaque in their honour presented at the SLC 2014 closing plenary session.
Applications for Nestor Korchinsky Student Leadership Award for SLC 2014 are currently not open. Please check back at a later date for further information!
* Finalists will be highlighted in a video slideshow prior to the award presentation.
* Candidate must agree to sign a release form for media recording.
UBC students, faculty, staff, members of the community, and alumni are invited to nominate any individual who meets the following requirements:
* Candidate must be a current student in an undergraduate or graduate program at the University of British Columbia.
* Demonstrated sustained leadership and initiatives that go above and beyond that of their peers, on the UBC campus and perhaps in the wider community as well.
* Contributions made by the recipient demonstrate a commitment to leadership and positive change within the university community that is worthy of recognition
Visit the Hall of Fame for previous winners.